Thursday 9 March 2017

DOG

louis-blythe-218660

DOG

You sit, remembering.

What is it you remember? Unsure; confused, rather. Remembering the confusion.

How often did you forget if you had switched the light off? Quite often.

How often did you forget the correct amount of change for the swimming bath lockers? Again; quite often.

How often did you forget your children’s names? Often. Not quite often. Just... often.

Lament. You were a good father, grandfather, great-grandfather. Lament it over. The extent of which you forget. Would the dimmed out lights of the past even matter once you leave? Would the green leafs of doubt be planted in the mind of the mindless? No; I would think not. Yet I don’t think much, either. I could present to you, if you’d like, the future.

No? Indeed, you work at your best when remembering.

“In, girl.”

I see. I’m a painful reminder. I’m sorry.

When I leave, when you remain seated. Don’t forget.

All you do is remember the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Jessica Willmott's Performing Arts Blog | Blogger Template by Enny Law