Tuesday 22 November 2016

Dynamics in Movement

Looking at Dionne's group's dynamics in both tasks:


The dynamics used in Donne’s group’s work, in order to suit the music Requiem For A Dream, were robotic and jagged. The movements are intense and purposeful, and created a dark sense of foreboding. I thoroughly enjoyed the powerful, intense movements of the upper body. Furthermore, I enjoyed the fluidity of the slow motion sequence.

I liked the fact that, after we were told to use juxtaposing movements to our piece, Dionne’s group turned their movements into more gentle, caring movements that felt timid and shy. It was also interesting to see how the slow motion sequence was made softer, more passive.
How did you feel about the tasks?


All in all, I felt like the task to juxtaposing movements to music was difficult, but quite fun. One major issue that I had was timing; we made our movements faster, more harsh than our original movements to Blue Sun. Because of this, I was unsure with the new timing and how long to hold movements for.

Do you like dynamics?
I do! Dynamics, I feel, correlate well into drama. Movements are used to create an emotion, and you could juxtapose motions to music or setting in drama, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

© Jessica Willmott's Performing Arts Blog | Blogger Template by Enny Law